Monday, December 2, 2013

Interzone Athletics Day.

On Friday the 29th of November, athlete’s from our school and from Tamaki Primary headed off to Lloyd Elsmore Park in Pakuranga to compete in the inter zone athletics. The events that I was in was the 100m, 200m and the boys relay.

   We had a few helpers that came along with us to help out. They were (Miss V), Miss Va'afusuaga, Miss Takere, Lorenzo, Ryan and the Tamaki Primary sport co-ordinator. It was going to be a tough day I thought to myself.

   It was about time for me to make my way to the start line as I was getting ready to race in the boys 200m final. In the final I knew a couple of boys that I am mates with from other school’s. READY SET GO! running in lane 1, I was trying to beat my opponents. With 50 meters left I was coming 6th place until 20 metres to go I overtook a Saint Kent's boy and finished 5th place.

   At the end of the day I was proud of my results.

No comments: